Deer Lake Property Owners’ Association Board Meeting
Minutes: August 3, 2012
President: Gene English
Vice President: Mary-Ann Remstad*
Secretary: Fred Daris*
Treasurer: Carol Gill*
Members at Large:
- Sharon Gardner*
- Robert Namowicz*
- Robert Schaffer*
- Doug Foyteck
- Theresa Williams*
Also in attendance-DLPOA members: Marie Daris, Sharon Hurlbert, Ken Gill
- Mary-Ann Remstad called the meeting to order at 8:12 am.
- July meeting minutes approved with changes.
- Carol Gill presented the financial report. The balance as of 8-3-2012 is $6,946.25.
- Ken Gill stated that the current ordinance is only two people can be pulled behind a boat. In a discussion with the Sheriff, he recommended that the DLPOA board meet with the township authorities to revise the law & possibly delete this portion from the ordinance. Robert Schaffer stated that the Sheriff stopped him since he was pulling three people. Ken Gill to follow up with Ken Elwert, Director of Parks and Recreation and Seniors, on the procedure to revise the ordinance.
- The Township Planning Commission has approved the request for changes to the parking lot & wet lands as submitted by the Pines of Clarkston.
- On August 13, 2012,a mapping of Deer Lake vegetation species is scheduled with Dr. Latimore (DEQ). The entrances at the canals at the North Shore & on Simler Drive are two of the several locations to be tested. Ken Elwert of the Parks, Recreation & Seniors Dept. is to participate in the Clean Lakes & Water Quality program.
- Fred Daris made a motion to document the mapping procedure. The filming is not to exceed $200.00. Robert Schaffer second the motion. The board unanimously approved it.
- Wild Ones update: The removal of phagmities from the wet lands on White Lake Road across from the Deer Lake beach requires a professional (certification required). The removal would take approximately three years of treatment. Kill & Burn is a process that is possible with the approval from the Township Fire Department. Sharon Hurlbert to follow.
- Documentation on the requirements for the installation of docks on Deer Lake was given to Bart Clark. There are two Township Ordinances & DEQ permit requirements that must be approved. Mr. Clark will ask the Township’s attorney to review the requirements and follow up on the ordinance enforcement.
- Meeting adjourned at 9:25
The next meeting will be held on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM at:
Brioni Café & Deli
7151 N Main St
Clarkston, MI 48346
September 7 – AGENDA :
- Call to Order
- Approval of August meeting minutes
- Financial report
- Marine Patrol status
- Lake quality monitoring & update
- Wild Ones update
- Marina Status & Lake owners meeting with Township personel – status
- New Business