Deer Lake Property Owners’ Association Board Meeting
Minutes: March 02, 2012
President: Gene English
Vice President: Mary-Ann Remstad*
Secretary: Fred Daris (acting)
Treasurer: Carol Gill*
Members at Large:
- Fred Daris*
- Sharon Gardner*
- Robert Namowicz
- Robert Schaffer*
- Doug Foyteck*
- Theresa Williams
Also in attendance-DLPOA committee members: Sharon Hurlbert
- May-Ann Remsted called the meeting to order at 8:13 am.
- The February meeting minutes were approved with addition of parks & rec for grant.
- Carol Gill presented the financial report – Balance as of 3-02-2012 is $6433.13. This includes $1700 dues for members and $113.50 for postage and mailing of dues notification.
- The annual meeting for the DLPOA will be: Date: April16th
- Location: Fire Station #1 – Citation Drive
- Time 7:30 PM.
- The agenda for the annual meeting was discussed. The affects of Ashleigh’s Law on boaters and certification, marine patrol, water testing & video, cooperative lake monitoring program, nominations for officers, treasurer’s report, fragmities control, McNalms conference, and gate key & boat sticker distribution will be finalized at the March 30, 2012 meeting. Tammie Heazlit will be the guest speaker on the environment and lake quality.
- The sponsoring of the marine patrol of Deer Lake by the DLPOA was discussed. The initial response from the membership is 16 for continuing the patrol & 2 against. The decision to determine if a marine patrol will be sponsored by the DLPOA for 2012 will be made at the March 30 meeting.
- The 51st lake & stream association conference will be held on April 27/28th at Boyne.
- Meeting adjourned at 9:14.
The next meeting will be held on Friday, March 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM at:
Brioni Café & Deli
7151 N Main St
Clarkston, MI 48346
March 30, 2012 – AGENDA :
- Approval of March meeting minutes
- Financial report
- Deer Lake Beach Grant – update
- Discussion of Marine Patrol & direction for 2012
- Finalize DLPOA annual meeting – agenda + presentors + volunteers
- Lake quality update
- New Business