Deer Lake Property Owners’ Association Board Meeting
Minutes: January 6, 2012
President: Gene English*
Vice President: Mary-Ann Remstad*
Secretary: Fred Daris (acting)
Treasurer: Carol Gill*
Members at Large:
- Fred Daris*
- Sharon Gardner*
- Robert Namowicz
- Robert Schaffer
- Doug Foyteck*
- Therese Williams*
Also in attendance-DLPOA committee members: Ken Gill, Sharon Hurlbert, and Rick Gutowski
- Gene English called the meeting to order at 8:19 am.
- The December meeting minutes were approved.
- Carol Gill presented the financial report – Balance as of 1-06-2012 is $5347.83
- Payment for Water monitoring ($419.00) and Michigan Waterfront Alliance ($100.00) was unanimously approved
- Ken gill presented the incident log for the summer of 2011 from the Oakland County Marine Division. Also, he presented the activities log at Deer Lake Beach. Discussion was held if a Marine Patrol of the Lake will be funded by DLPOA. Discussion of the pros & cons will be made at the next meeting.
- Theresa Williams gave an update for the DLPOA web site. The site is to be active & interactive. The amount of sections is limited to five for the base site with an optional charge for a new template.
- Carol Gill is to send out a mailing to all DLPOA members, which includes the dues notification. A tentative agenda is to be sent out to the DLPOA board for review. The agenda is to include the distribution of boat stickers, dues, water monitoring video, Parks & recs training for safety, boat patrol discussion, key chains, Ashleigh’s Law & boat certification, procedure to eliminate phragmities ..etc.
- Invasive species was discussed. The elimination of phragmities is high on the DLPOA priority list. The opposite side of White Lake Road across from the Deer Lake Beach is overrun with phragmities. The use of non-phosphorus lawn fertilizer is in effect for our area. Limited amount of use is requested of all residents in the Deer Lake water shed basin.
- The representation of DLPOA at the Independence Township Board meetings and Planning Commission meetings was discussed. Rick Gutowski will review the agendas prior to the meetings and ask for support and representation by DLPOA members when required.
- General info: March 7, 2012 is a shorelines & shallows conference in Lansing at a cost of $35.00.
- Meeting adjourned at 9:28.
The next meeting will be held on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM at:
Brioni Café & Deli
7151 N Main St # 215
Clarkston, MI 48346
February 10, 2012 – AGENDA :
- Approval of January meeting minutes
- Financial report
- Deer Lake Beach Grant
- DLPOA annual meeting – 2012 Yearly Dues & agenda
- Discussion of Marine Patrol & future actions-Independence Township Beach Activity
- Watershed mapping discussion
- New Business
Potential Future Agenda items
- DLPOA bylaw review
- DEQ/DNR/Township regulations & Deer Lake Impact
- Shoreline erosion control & certification seminar for “green” shoreline
- Weed control & best practices
- Ashleigh Iserman Law
- Corn Roast